As a busy professional with a robust portfolio of properties under your management, there is a tried-and-true approach to moving up the ladder of corporate success: the Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor (CAPS) credential. With CAPS, you build the knowledge you need to improve property performance and inspire confidence in your leadership, setting the stage for increased responsibilities and meaningful career advancement.
Challenge, Meet Solution
Your day is packed with big decisions, and CAPS gives you clear guidance on how to make the best call to achieve your organizational goals. From recruiting high-performing employees to drafting capital improvement plans to minimizing legal risk and liability, the CAPS certification is the ultimate “how-to” manual for getting the job done right.
The CAPS credential offers crucial insight into a broad range of pressing issues you face in your position. They include:
- Employee performance, engagement, and retention
- Due diligence
- Annual operating budgets and owner performance objectives
- Management agreements
- Minimizing conflict through stakeholder communications
- Regulatory agency oversight of assisted housing
- Property takeover process
- Ethical behavior and conflicts of interest
Through CAPS, you’ll develop comprehensive mastery in key subject areas such as:
- Client services and stakeholder relations
- Investment management
- Improving asset performance
- Asset evaluation and preservation
- Talent development
- Contemporary issues in multifamily housing
The Next Step
Getting your CAPS credential is a smart investment in a promising future. CAPS distinguishes you as head and shoulders above your peers – prepared to jump every hurdle you encounter and move from obstacle to opportunity.
Eligible candidates for CAPS must have a minimum of 24 months’ employment as a multi-site supervisor – or be a CAM, ARM or RAM credential holder in good standing. The certification requires 40 hours of coursework, which must be completed within one year of starting the program.